A Note From Kim and Kyle

Thanks for visiting our wedding blog!

Between now and the big day, we (well…mostly Kim) will be posting information about the wedding and some fun info about Nashville, too. We hope you'll check back often, and we especially hope to see you in October!

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Sydney Harbour

More beautiful than I ever could have imagined. See for yourself :)

Sydney Harbour Bridge - opened in 1932 after six years of construction. It's the world's largest steel arch bridge and a major icon for Sydney. I read in a visitors' guide that the Sydney Harbour Bridge has the same symbolism for Australian immigrants as the Statue of Liberty does for American immigrants. Sighting the bridge meant you "made it."

The view back toward Sydney from the bridge and the ferry wharf.

Around the ferry wharfs are lots of street performers, including Aboriginese musicians.

The Sydney Opera House - the country's most recognizable structure. It's just gorgeous.

Another view of the Opera House, with two people blocking the view! :)

3 comments:

Karen said...

Beautiful! I saw on shark week that they have a lot of bull sharks at the beaches in Sydney. The sharks also swim into the harbour... not cool!

Kris said...

i like how in every pic you've posted, you're wearing my clothes! hahah i'm glad a small part of me is there! miss you!

Anonymous said...

omg i love all your pictures!!! The city all lit up is just priceless! I love it jennie pate