Today was our last full day in Sydney. At 9:30a. local time we begin our 24 hour journey home to Nashville. What a great time we have enjoyed Down Under. It seems like only yesterday that we were driving on the left side of the road. I must admit that I am sad to leave but a little anxious to get home. The last several days have been fairly uneventful for me as I have been at the Fine Food Australia Show promoting food products from the Southeast, while Kim has been busy exploring. I can report that all of our companies have had a good response from the Australian market and it is my hope that some business will take place.
A little bit about the show -
After leaving the show, Kim and I were feeling a bit malnourished so we headed out for supper. Our last supper in Sydney consisted of a sit down dinner in China Town. As many of you know, I love to eat adventurous (Kim is catching on). Following our noses and the crowds we opted for an outdoor dining experience at Hingara Chinese Restaurant. Our meal consisted of corn soup, egg rolls, pork dumplings, fried rice, lemon chicken and beef. It was way tasty and the servers were on their A-game as they hustled us out to make room for the next patrons. We enjoyed a nice 10 minute walk back where Kim made a comment that I thought was quite intriguing: "How many tourists do you think come all the way to Sydney and eat out in Chinatown"?
I couldn't answer that question but could only think that I love experiencing all the city has to offer. It was nice seeing the opera house and harbor, but you really get a feel for your surroundings by exploring the nooks and crannies that this place has to offer.
I look forward to seeing you all,
KH
1 comment:
I thought you were starting your blog up again?? hmmmmm.
hee hee
Post a Comment